Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bought Diazepam Online

When the Gods - Volume 1: Snow White and Lance Missiles

4th cover :

All tales begin with "once upon a time" and eventually "they married and had many children." Yes, but ... and after? And if the reign of Snow White was a horrible dictatorship? And if the magic mirror had become senile? And if Donkeyskin fell in love with the prince Cinderella? A handful of fairies the Bois de Boulogne, a band of ghosts, Santa Claus and his daughter, and his scythe Ankou, Little Red Riding Hood and the ugly demon ball Guette be enough to save the world from chaos?


Written by Catherine Dufour
published by Le Livre de Poche - Merlin Price


My opinion:

Foreword: I totally agree that we can not have an objective opinion on a book that was not completed. .. Forgive me, I did my best!

Let me be very clear to me is a real disappointment! I failed to attend the 100th page despite my many attempts!

I'll try to explain why. I expected a lot from this book (perhaps too?), French fantasy, Merlin Price, with a dash of humor ....

Eventually I found an excess of vulgarity, not that it bothers me more than that (with Anita and Co.), but I really feel that this makes laborious reading since there are at any time, in every sentence.

At the story we go from rooster to donkey with virtually no transition! It begins with the novel Ucklers of the people (kind of dwarfs?), they are discovered, and then suddenly we find ourselves preparing Dawn (The Sleeping Beauty) for her wedding! And it does that!

I'm bored, nothing has caught my attention, this book from a nuisance to sleep in! The stories follow a nice mix, and finally in a nice "mess" of nodes, we do not even know why we follow the story's sister muche foo stuff! And above what the story's sister foo muche thing to do with the "adventure" Donkey Skin?

But maybe I've missed something in stopping any time soon? Surely, or so I missed the bus from the start. I could not even finish the first part for the Book Club Livraddict, I hope I can still participate in the discussion around this famous piece of work is Snow White and Lance Missiles!

Besides, she and Snow White is supposed to be the "heroine" of this book? I did not even crossed! Oh yes I forgot, I stopped at the 85th page!

Conclusion: First disappointment of 2011 (first real disappointment for a while)






0 comments:

Post a Comment