When I published my review in late January on The Mound of Souls, I do not expect to be contacted by the author Ludovic Rosmorduc.
is timidly I asked him for an interview for this humble blog. When I responded positively to my request I was very surprised but also happy.
And today I am very glad to share it with you! ^ ^
Harmony: Let's talk a bit about yourself first ! I read on a site that you were from Brittany (I love Brittany!), Your roots have they inspired you to one of your texts?
Ludovic : Absolutely! The story revolves around the legend of King Arthur made me dream very young, like walking in the forest Huelgoat, often associated with that Paimpont, the mythical forest Brocéliande.
is probably there, in fact, that comes to my taste wonderful.
Harmony: Are Your readings eclectic, or rather focus on a particular literary genre (if so, which one?)
Ludovic : Everyday I'm pretty polar: Heining Mankell in particular. During my vacation, when I have more time to devote to reading, I also like to immerse myself in great medieval adventures as the pillars of the earth or a world without end by Ken Follet, the Cathedral of the Sea ' Idelfonso Falcones. But if I have favorite genres, I do not hesitate to immerse myself in books that can advise me, regardless of their gender.
Harmony : Your favorite book? (Odd mode on)
Ludovic : Difficult question ... I'd say I've had several, over time.
teenager I was captivated by the mists of time Barjavel. Without doubt one of my greatest memories of that time reading.
At college, Caleb Carr with the psychiatrist has seriously disrupted my revisions! A book I reread probably soon as I kept an excellent memory.
Finally recently I really enjoyed myself with Napoleon's Pyramids by William Dietrich.
Harmony: The Mound of Souls is your first novel, you also told me that this is your first text, it was natural to turn to Youth fantasy?
Ludovic : Towards fantasy yes, because despite the time that passes the wonderful stories, the medieval atmosphere still make me dream. The youth side, however, was not premeditated. As and when writing I realized that my book is intended for young readers. I focused on rhythm, the sequence of adventures, with short chapters and several stories in parallel. In the end, it was better suited to younger audiences.
Harmony: The Mound of Souls full of ideas, is dying to have more details! A young-adult novel or an adult you do not have it deepened the universe Héribold?
Ludovic : Yes, certainly. This novel may have the defects of his qualities. I preferred a steady pace, and the ideas come naturally to me, I did not dwelled on each of them. This is also perhaps what makes this novel a young adult novel. My editor had himself made this point by saying that with all the ideas contained in this book I could make several novels!
Harmony: Will you live another adventure in the land of Sétiladom? :)
Ludovic: The answer is yes! My next novel to come out with BAAM (the heiress of the time) will be located in the same world and take over some of the characters Sixéla mound of souls, and Yorel Dungal.
It will be a story that can be read independently, but I hope that readers of the mound of souls will be happy to find this universe. Always oriented youth, this book will, however, speak to a wider audience, can easily be suitable for young adults.
Harmony: Can you talk about your future projects if it is not top secret, of course? :)
Ludovic: I finished third there is little fantasy novel in a world different from the first two and perhaps less specifically youth-oriented, even if nothing will prevent young readers to immerse themselves in it. The story is the last of the magicians. The publisher is studying the text at the moment. Fingers crossed for acceptance!
Right now I'm working on a fourth draft fantasy, and, in parallel, I try my hand at romance adult contemporary, with a detective story as a backdrop. Both projects are still too backward for me to say more!
I want to thank once again Ludovic Rosmorduc for this interview, and kindness! I wish him good luck in his life as author, I shall not fail to follow :)
Rate The Mound of Souls
0 comments:
Post a Comment